Top 5 Most Abundant Problems on Garage Doors
Fact: Many home robberies arise either through the garage or in the garage. And so if you happen to have a broken garage door, all the more you are giving those thieves the opportunity to break in your home with so much ease. That is why you must see to it that it is always in good working condition. However, just like any other type of door, the garage door will also encounter problems after some time. Problems, which when left ignored, can lead to more serious crimes like burglary and theft. So during the first signs of broken or damaged garage door, take action at once. You can start by finding what the problem really is.
1. The garage door won’t close or open. There are actually two main causes of this problem, depending mainly on the type of garage door you have. If your garage door is a manually operated one, the likely cause could be loose mounting brackets. It could also be due to bent, dented, or knocked out of shape tracks or perhaps, some kind of blockage on the door tracks. Meanwhile, if your garage door is the automatic type, something could be wrong in the programming. The keypad may not be working, thus you need to reprogram it. It could also be due to some frayed wires in the unit or an obstruction on the clear line of sight between the transmitters.
2. The garage door sticks when opening or closing. This could be very irritating especially if you are in a hurry to get your vehicle out of the garage or you already need to park it after a hard day’s work.The reason why this problem occurs could be a clogged, dirty or out of alignment trucks. Metal rollers and hinges that probably need lubricating could be another. So when coming up with the solution, make sure to determine which of these two is the likely cause.
3. When the garage door is released, it falls. This could be very dangerous and can result to injuries if not solved as early as possible. Often times, when a garage door is released, it should remain in position if it is working properly. However, if it falls after releasing, chances are the extension springs are worn and have to be replaced right away.
4. When there is a squeaking sound whenever the garage door is closing or opening.The possible reason for this is lack of lubrication. This squeaking problem, no matter how small it is, should not be ignored because it can lead to breakdown in due time.
5. When the garage door opener fails. There are three main causes why this problem occurs: malfunctioning garage door springs, misaligned tracks and too tight or too loose chain. Solutions may vary, so be sure to pinpoint which of these three is the real cause. Garage doors, whether they have a garage door opener attached or manually operated, should really be maintained well to keep them operating efficiently. And when any of these problems occur, don’t just ignore it. Find the solution at once.